I've got a series of photos and a bit of an explanation but I forgot to take any photos of how you actually make it into a book cover as I was so excited about getting closer to the finish and I was kinda tired by that point.
This time I didn't want to have to fiddle with lots of random colours and make a picture so I pulled out a pile of blue hues from mum's stash and I visited sewco (the local quilting shop near my mum) they had a sale on and bought a couple more colours. I also added a watermelon pink which isn't shown in this photo to add some accent.
To make it I made a template by tracing the book and adding half an inch all the way around. Probably a little too loose but I wanted it to be able to be moved to other books.
Then using my kangaroo as the base I started adding little bits of fabric. This time I was really careful to make it bigger than needed to it would cut down nicely. If you have done any patchwork before you will understand how I have done this. The difference is I didn't bother to measure just made sure the fabric was bigger than the length I was sewing which sometimes meant sewing two bits together to make the length.
I also added trim into the middle to make it look more interesting.
When researching how to make it I did search on google and I used a tutorial from somewhere to get an idea of what I could do to make it up. I've got no clue what I used now though.
I'm so proud of the finished piece. It just looks happy and pretty. SOO nice to see it finished. But I have to give it away :(
If you want to buy this pattern it available from my etsy store for $1 AUD The link to my store is on the left.
Happy Stitching Everyone,